Ultra-Sil Trekking UmbrellaGet notified
BEST USE: Trekking, travel, day hikes
LENGTH: 38 in | 96.5 cm
WEIGHT: 8.5 oz | 240g
PACKED SIZE: 9.5 in | 24.1 cm
Shipping & Returns
Our warehouse is actively shipping orders from 8am to 1pm MST Monday through Friday. Most orders ship in one business day, but the transit time can take up to 7 days, depending on your distance from Boulder, Colorado.
2nd Day and Next Day Air orders will ship same day if placed by 1pm MST, Monday-Friday (except holidays).
All orders are eligible for fast and easy returns within 60 days of purchase.
For more details, please check out our Help Center
The Ultra-Sil Trekking Umbrella is a lightweight travel umbrella that packs away neatly and easily. Ideal for protection from rain and sun, it's made with waterproof 30D siliconized CORDURA® Nylon.
An incredibly lightweight yet durable fabric used in a large number of Sea to Summit products. This 30 denier Nylon is made with CORDURA® yarns for strength, woven into a ripstop pattern. Two versions of the fabric are used:
- Water-resistant products (such as the Ultra-Sil™ Stuff Sacks) are siliconized on both sides for ultimate packability
- Waterproof products (such as the UltraSil™ Dry Sack are) siliconized on the outside and PU-coated on the inside to allow seam taping.
- Both versions have a hydrostatic head greater than 2000mm – which makes them more than adequately waterproof for the types of environments they are intended for.
Cordura® is a special type of nylon yarn used for its strength. These yarns are used in two different product areas:
- In the siliconized Ultra-Sil™ fabrics used in Ultra-Sil™ Dry Sacks, Stuff Sacks, Compression Sacks, Pack Covers, Travelling Light and Travel Essentials products
- In the foot section of the extremely tough eVent® Quagmire Gaiters.
Frequently Asked questions
Can this umbrella be used for hiking?
Yes. The Trekking Umbrella is ideal for use out on the trail, while our Pocket Umbrella is better for urban environments.
How much coverage does this umbrella provide?
The canopy diameter measures 38 in/ 96cm--enough coverage for one person.
What are the differences between the Pocket Umbrella and the Trekking Umbrella?
The Pocket Umbrella is slightly smaller when deployed and is much more compact when packed down. The Trekking Umbrella offers more coverage and better equipped to withstand windy conditions.